Currently Accepting ApplicationsFor Management and Crew Positions
Looking for a rewarding job with flexible hours? Simply click on the city and click “Apply Now” on any location! We are hiring for crew and management positions.
Your Future: With Bear Family Restaurants your new potential job can be everything you want it to be. We offer flexible hours for those looking for a part time job to fit around their busy schedules. We also offer the first steps on a long and exciting career path.
Our Culture: We strive to create a fun and engaging experience for every team member. At Bear Family Restaurants we also offer the opportunity to get involved with community friendly events, recognition programs, and scholarship opportunities.
Currently Accepting ApplicationsHome Office Staff
Our Bear Family Restaurants office staff is growing! We need additional ‘family members’ to help us serve with significance. Could you be one? Check out our open positions by clicking on the job title.
Accounting Coordinator (Full Time)
Bear Family Restaurants, a McDonald’s licensee is currently seeking a full-time Accounting Coordinator to work in our Home Office in South Elgin. We proudly serve with significance and strive to impress every guest, every day. The Coordinator will report to our Financial Controller and will fulfill the following job description. If you’re qualified and would like to apply for this position, please click below. No phone calls, please.
The Accounting Coordinator assists with a wide range of accounting, payroll, and administrative tasks within the Finance department.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists accounts payable staff with ongoing processing and priorities management and maintaining customer and vendor database.
- Partners with staff in standard month-end closing procedures.
- Acts as a back up to various accounting related staff in their absence.
- Performs various weekly, monthly, and quarterly duties as assigned by the director.
- Assists payroll specialist in executing regularly scheduled payrolls for all BFR restaurant employees.
- Assists in the administration of paid sick leave/personal time off benefits for all employees.
- Supports financial analyst with special assignments or projects.
Backup/Secondary Supportive Duties
- Acts as backup support for management of daily cash deposits.
- Partners in managing accounts payable mailbox.
- Processes accounts payable for payment.
- Can execute automated clearing house (ACH) sales tax payments.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Education or Certifications
- Coordinator work experience: 2-4 years general accounting, payroll, accounts payable and month end processing related responsibilities.
- Adept at technology usage, and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Adobe Acrobat, Dropbox and other cloud-based environments.
- Working experience with Proliant or a similar electronic payroll system is a plus.
- Opportunity for career growth into next level positions.
Exceptional Benefits Package!
- Starting salary: $50K +
- Health benefits.
- Vacations and paid time off.
- Family fun environment.
- Continuous learning and development classes covered.
Come join our family!