Currently Accepting ApplicationsFor Management and Crew Positions
Looking for a rewarding job with flexible hours? Simply click on the city and click “Apply Now” on any location! We are hiring for crew and management positions.
Your Future: With Bear Family Restaurants your new potential job can be everything you want it to be. We offer flexible hours for those looking for a part time job to fit around their busy schedules. We also offer the first steps on a long and exciting career path.
Our Culture: We strive to create a fun and engaging experience for every team member. At Bear Family Restaurants we also offer the opportunity to get involved with community friendly events, recognition programs, and scholarship opportunities.
Currently Accepting ApplicationsHome Office Team
Our Bear Family Restaurants office team is growing! We need additional ‘family members’ to help us serve with significance. Could you be one? Check out our open positions by clicking on the job title.
Facilities Maintenance Technicians
Amazing Opportunities at Bear Family Restaurants!
Bear Family Restaurants is currently seeking two full-time multi-restaurant Facilities Maintenance Technicians. Travel to various Bear Family McDonald’s Restaurants throughout the regional area is required. Technicians are based at our home office in South Elgin and are provided with the equipment, tools, and transportation to ensure best-in-class service and support to our many restaurants.
Both technicians will report directly to the Facilities Maintenance Manager and will be responsible for the duties listed below. Starting salary for each position is defined in part by experience and training.
We are searching for:
- One technician with 1 to 3 years of related experience in multi-unit organizations.
(Title: Technician I).
- One technician with 3+ years of related experience in multi-unit organizations.
(Title: Technician II).
The Facilities Maintenance Technician must have:
- Knowledge, training, and working experience in restaurant refrigeration systems.
- Working experience with restaurant kitchen equipment set up and repair. Preferred brand experience includes: Taylor, Garland, Frymaster, Pitco, Manitowoc, and Multiplex, etc.
- Advanced knowledge, training and working experience in HVAC.
- Working experience in minor plumbing and electrical repair and maintenance.
Skills and Proficiency Requirements include:
- Ability to independently diagnose and complete repairs.
- Proficiency with electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Proficiency with laptop computer, phone, email, and text usage.
Preferred Certifications and Education include:
- Universal EPA certification.
- Some college coursework, associate’s or bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Completion of on-the-job training classes and/or equipment training certifications.
Vehicle Operation Requirements
- The technician must have a valid driver’s license.
The technician must be able to withstand and exert mobility while performing the essential job duties. The technician is frequently required to sit; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Training and Certifications
We are looking for experienced and certified candidates. However, if certification on specific brands used in our McDonald’s restaurants is necessary, Bear Family Restaurants will pay for company approved training leading to certification.
- Starting salaries: Each position starting salary is commensurate with experience.
Technician I – $50K+
Technician II – $65K+
- Health benefits.
- Vacations and PTO.
- Necessary tools and equipment including laptop are provided.
- Fully equipped while-at-work vehicle provided.
- Workwear and steel-toed work shoes provided.
- Family fun environment.
If you believe you are qualified, and would like to apply for either position, please email your electronic resume with a brief cover letter to the Director of Strategy at: HR@bearcomgmt.com.
Resumes are accepted in electronic format only. No phone calls, please.
Come join our Bear Family!